Bickerstock Camping Terms and Conditions
The link to the application form is at the bottom of this list of terms and conditions.
It is very important that you understand the rules before booking, particularly the restrictions on vehicles.
You will be asked to confirm that you have read them before your booking can be accepted. We know it’s a bore, but please scroll through and do read them carefully. Thanks.
We are a family friendly festival and far from wanting to have lots of rules, Health and Safety requirements from our Licence from WLBC, the Conditions from Bickerstaffe Parish Council, Insurance Requirements and respect for other festival-goers and local residents, mean that we have had to come up with the list below, not just for this weekend, but so that Bickerstock can continue to go in the future.
- The right of admission is reserved.
- The named person on the registration form is responsible for their party.
- The named person on the registration form is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party are informed of the Terms and Conditions of Camping at Bickerstock, and that they abide by them.
- Festival-goers consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotion of the Festival.
- All young people must camp in the same area with their responsible adult, with a maximum of two minors per adult (18+).
- Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times.
- The festival operates a challenge 25 system to prevent under-age drinking of alcohol.
- 11.30 p.m. to 8 a.m. is considered “QUIET TIME” on the camping field – please respect other campers and local residents.
- No fires, no glass, no fireworks, no sky lanterns, no generators, no unauthorised sound systems.
- Quiet, well-behaved dogs are permitted on site, on short leads only.
- It is an offence not to clean up after your dog.
- Do not drop litter this includes cigarette butts, use the bins provided; or better still take your rubbish home.
- Do not trespass onto private land surrounding the camping field – there is a deep pond in the adjacent field which lies to the south of the camping field.
- Do not feed the horses.
- All tents must be cleared by 10 a.m. on Monday, 7th August at the latest.
- You must take all your belongings home.
- Bickerstock cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to property or for personal belongings.
Vehicles and Access
- Due to high demand for camping pitches anyone wishing to keep their vehicle by their pitch will be charged an additional fee of £5. This facility must be booked in advance. Please note the restrictions on vehicle movements during the festival apply to all vehicles.
- Gates open for camping arrivals between 4.00pm to 9.00pm on Friday 4th August and between 9.30am and 11.30am on Saturday 5th August. Arrivals outside of these times are not permitted.
- You will need to move your vehicle from the field after unloading and park elsewhere, this must be done before 11.30 a.m. on the Saturday morning otherwise the vehicle stays until Sunday 6pm and you will be charged an additional fee of £5.
- Gates to the field will be shut to vehicles between 11.30 a.m. on the Saturday, to 6 p.m. on the Sunday – this will be strictly adhered to for Health and Safety reasons.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit everywhere on site.
- A 4-metre-wide access road must be kept clear around the perimeter of the campsite
Pricing and Payments
- Camping is available from 4pm Friday 4th August through to 10am Monday 7th August
- The price for camping is the same for the weekend regardless of whether you stay for the whole weekend or not; i.e. buy 1 night, and get 1 or 2 free. Prices range from £30, small pitch 3m x 3m (2 person max) to £60, large pitch 4m x 6m (8 person max). Camper Vans (Max 5 mtrs) £60.
- Pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis. It is not possible to reserve locations in advance.
- All bookings will have a returnable deposit of £25 per pitch added. To receive your returned deposit you must ensure that you leave your pitch clear and clean (especially tent pegs!) and that you have abided by the Terms and Conditions set out above.
We operate an electronic payment processing system using Paypal invoices via online booking. You do not need to have a Paypal account in order to make a booking as the invoice can be paid by Credit/Debit card.
Once we receive your application we will issue an invoice for the full amount of your stay plus £25 per pitch returnable deposit.
Your booking will only be confirmed on payment of the Paypal Invoice.
You will need to bring your payment confirmation with you when you check in for camping.
Your deposit refund will be made directly into your Paypal account (if that is how you paid) or to the Credit/Debit card used to pay the invoice.
Your deposit refund will be made direct to your Paypal account or direct to the Credit/Debit card used to pay the invoice within 7 days of the festival ending.
Volunteers get free camping but must pay in full prior to the festival. They must make sure they register at the control point and get a manager to sign off their volunteer form in order to get a refund.
Bands/Artists will receive free camping for 2 persons per band member ie 4 piece band 4 x 2 man tents or 2 x 4 men. A £25 deposit returnable after the festival will need to be paid.
Camper Vans – There are a limited number of spaces avail for small camper vans. They must not exceed 5 mtrs in length and spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please park as instructed by a steward as you may only park in certain areas of the field. A pass will need to be purchased for the vehicle on the booking form at time of booking. No camper vans will be admitted without a prior booking and purchased pass. People buying a camper van pass will not need to buy a vehicle or a camping pitch.
For any queries about camping which are not answered in the above information, please contact Maureen White on 07729 846309 – early evenings between 6.00pm and 8.00 pm are best; and if you don’t get through, please leave a message and someone will get back to you within 24 hours
Applications for camping are now open click here for an application form.